Perfection. The Poverty of Philosophy by Immortal Technique.
Posts tagged 99%.
1. A large and growing share of SNAP households are working households
One reason why SNAP is serving more working families is that, for a growing share of the nation’s workers, having a job has not been enough to keep them out of poverty.
2. SNAP responded quickly and effectively to the recession.
3. Today’s large SNAP caseloads mostly reflect the extraordinarily deep and prolonged recession and the weak recovery.
4. SNAP has one of the most rigorous quality control systems of any public benefit program.
5. SNAP’s recent growth is temporary.
Over the long term, SNAP is not growing faster than the economy. So, it is not contributing to the nation’s long-term fiscal problems.
ver mais conversas politicas sérias sendo iniciadas;
corporações fora da governamentação e o povo de volta ao poder;
paz ao invés de militarização;
poder falar o que eu penso sem comprometer meu emprego;
uma melhor regulação de bancos e mercados;
que meus filhos tenham um emprego e saúde;
a democracia verdadeira que 99% de nós não temos mais;
hello sunrisenightfall. Thank you for reblogging this and for translating it into Portuguese (at least that’s what Google translate tells me it is, correct me if I’m wrong). I appreciate it and I’m glad that the message of the 99% can reach those outside of the English language. Thank you for the translation, friend. :)
Olá sunrisenightfall. Obrigado por reblogging isso e traduzi-la emPortuguês (pelo menos é o que o Google traduzir me diz que é, me corrija se eu estiver errado). Eu aprecio isso e eu estou contente que a mensagem do 99% pode alcançar aqueles que estão fora do idioma Inglês. Obrigado pela tradução, amigo. :)
The protests do “nothing” huh? This movement is “stupid”?
Well, it’s gotten the president and vice president’s attention…
Both President Obama and Vice President Biden today empathized with the frustration felt by protesters carrying out the 99 Percent Movement that started…
Come on Obama, let’s see some real change now!
- Boy’s death highlights US health debate
- Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance
- Deaths at West Virginia Mine Raise Issues About Safety
- Investigators: Massey Energy Falsified Safety Record at Upper Big Branch Mine
- Massey Energy CEO to retire amid mine probes
- Suicides in the downturn raise worries about recession’s real cost
- Record 2.9 Million U.S. Properties Receive Foreclosure Filings in 2010 Despite 30-Month Low in December
- U.S. Suicide on Rise: Middle-Aged at Risk
- New Estimate Puts Gulf Oil Leak at 205 Million Gallons
- Presidential Panel Blames Companies for ‘Avoidable’ Gulf Oil Spill
- BP CEO Tony Hayward to Resign, Get $17 Million in Severance
- At Many Homes, More Profit and Less Nursing
If no one has posted the link to this site I’m happy to do so. If someone already has, I apologize for the repeat. This features true life situations of some of those of us who are in the 99% who are suffering because of the wealthiest 1% and their paid stooges in federal…